The EHOA are indebted to BETTALIFE, a company that needs little introduction being widely recognised for its interest in the sport of eventing and for the gift of prizes and products to the winning competitor.
A league rewarding those older riders whose passion for eventing burns as strong as ever, with the results of a maximum of five British Eventing competitions completed on one horse to decide the winner of a prestigious trophy accompanied by a generous prize fund.
An initiative supported by BETTALIFE, providers of targeted nutritional support for horses, humans and dogs and the Event Horse Owners Association.
▪ The Veteran Championship is open to fully subscribed members of British Eventing competing at any level of the sport.
▪ Competitors are eligible to participate in the Veteran Championship from the year in which they reach their 45th birthday. That is to say that in the 2024 season athletes must be born in or before 1979.
▪ Copies of the winning competitors’ passports may be requested for verification of date of birth.
▪ Note that the top-ranked 150 persons from British Eventing’s 2023 Riders League are ineligible.
▪ To be considered for the award, riders must register their eligibility with the EHOA by sending their name, BE membership number and the name of their horse, and stating that they agree to be bound by the rules of the competition by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org ▪ Ideally, applications to register should be received before the rider and horse have competed in a maximum of THREE British Eventing competitions.
▪ The final date for registration is 1 September 2024.
▪ If more than three competitions have been completed at the time of registration, then the first three completions are counted and subsequent completions are ignored until registration is requested. Thereafter, all subsequent, best scores are considered up to a maximum of five completions.
▪ Riders may register only one horse per season.
▪ By registering, competitors agree to comply with all British Eventing rules and ethical considerations and to the publication of their results, commentary and photograph
Competitors will be awarded points based on their results achieved when completing a maximum of five BE competitions riding one horse, at any level of competition.
Points will be awarded for competition placings as follows:
CODE OF CONDUCT
EHOA have the following code of conduct ethos based on integrity, honesty, fair play and respect. EHOA also puts central focus in terms of conduct on welfare of horse, rider and owner in equal measure. These principles are integral not optional and apply to the competing in this league. It’s the EHOA Board’s decision, at their total discretion, if they believe that anyone connected to this league infringes against this and thereby forfeits any winnings or recognition associated with it.
Owners, Riders and members should:
Built on the foundations of clarity, precision, and transparency, BETTALIFE® provide targeted nutritional support for horses, humans and dogs.
Their high specification, research driven formulations contain no fillers or bulking agents, and are relied upon by high profile professional riders and amateur riders alike with products suitable for equines across all disciplines, stages of life and development.
Their compact yet effective range includes; PharmaQuin Joint Complete HA, PharmaTRAC Total Digestive Support, PharmaPlast Ultimate Topline, and the all-in-one formula PharmaPRO Total Equine Support.
10% discount on all BETTALIFE products for Veteran Championship Competitors